See full-length Registration Packet available from your sponsoring tribe for detailed information
Registration begins in March of each year!
See registration packet for dress code
Sleeping bag/twin sheets, blanket & pillow
T-shirts (refer to dress code)
Shorts (refer to dress code)
Jeans, long pants, sweats
Socks (must reach the ankle or above)
Closed toe shoes (tennis shoes, etc)
Jacket or raincoat
Hat for sun protection
Swimsuit (refer to dress code)
Towels and washcloths
Soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, and shampoo
Brush and comb
Other personal items
Extra t-shirts and shorts for sleeping
Flashlight and extra batteries
Plastic cup or water bottle
Sunscreen lotion (minimum SPF 15)
There are lots of fun activities for you at NYPD.
Campers of all ages will have a chance to enjoy:
NYPD will provide a wide variety of classes.
- Nutrition, Oral Health
- Self Esteem, Bullying Prevention
- Physical Activity, Team Sports
- Diabetes Prevention, Understanding Health
- Tobacco Awareness, Cultural vs. Commercial
Additional information on NYPD camp rules found in registration packet
- No drugs, alcohol, cigarettes, fireworks, firearms, knives or other weapons of any kind will be permitted. Possession of any of these items will result in immediate expulsion from NYPD camp.
- No suggestive or aggressive behavior or malicious pranks will be tolerated. Fighting or threat of harm will result in immediate expulsion from NYPD camp.
- Profanity will not be tolerated.
- Attire should conform to camp dress code and be modest and appropriate for a camp activity.
- Hair dryers, curling irons, cell phones, walkie-talkies, ipods, etc. are not permitted. Please do not bring radios, cassette or CD players. Counselors will have alarm clock/clock radio and music equipment in the living unit.
- Bringing food or snacks to NYPD camp is not allowed.
- Stay away from the lake, barn, pool area, ropes course, archery ranges, and rappelling tower when there is not a counselor present.
- Be on time for all activity classes, flag ceremonies, meals and evening events.
- Practice the buddy system at all times.
- Do not leave the living unit without permission from your counselor.
- Do not write on the living unit walls, beds, etc., or you will be responsible for repairing them.
- Any public displays of affection on the part of a camper is prohibited.
- In the best interest and safety of the campers parents/guardians/visitors will NOT be allowed in camp during the NYPD session without prior approval from the NYPD Camp Director or Infirmary Supervisor.
- Explore new skills.
- Make new friends.
- HAVE FUN!!!
Additional information on NYPD discipline policy found in registration packet
Every camper has a right to attend NYPD without being subjected to threat of injury or intimidation in any fashion. Incidents of fighting, physical assault, verbal intimidation, and other negative offenses that reference sex, age, color, religion, national origin, or disability are not acceptable. In addition, all staff and campers must be allowed to live in an environment free from unsolicited harassment. Harassment is behavior which is not welcome, which is personally offensive, which debilitates morale, and which interferes with the living environment of all campers. A safe and friendly atmosphere is the responsibility of all campers and staff at NYPD Camp.
You and your child should understand that while participating at camp, the NYPD staff is in charge. Your child should be aware that any rules and/or instructions that are made by a staff member are to be respected. In the unfortunate event that there is a disciplinary problem that cannot be resolved, the parent will be notified and expected to pick up his/her child immediately.